Administration and Recognition
Administer the chapter awards and recognition program. Additionally, maintain the chapter website and liaison with NMA national to ensure accurate and timely reporting on chapter progress.
- Awards and Recognition: Order and coordinate chapter awards
- E-Business: Maintain the website, documentation, and assist with electronic processes.
- R1 reporting: Prepare the R1 report and send monthly to National by the deadline.
President of Finance (Treasurer)
Ensure chapter financials remain balanced while maintaining processes and procedures to adherence to audit and compliance requirements.
- Accounting: Complete the monthly financial statements based on information provided by the vice president.
- Budget: Submit the monthly member subsidy check request to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michiganâ€™s Accounts Payable department.
- Fundraising: Administer and recommend various fundraisers
- Enrollment: Process additions and deletions to Chapter membership and maintain all membership files.
- Pay all bills that fall within the Budget, provided the invoices are approved by the Vice President or Committee Chairperson responsible for the activity.
- Pay all other bills which are duly approved by the Board of Directors.
- Keep books of account of receipts and expenditures which shall be open at all times for inspection by the Board of Directors.
Manage all logistics for monthly membership meetings and the annual speech contest.
- Program Development: Plan, organize, and execute all phases of programs for each regular monthly membership meeting.
- Meeting Planning: Assist with venue selection, price negotiation, meeting day coordination, and speaker acquisition.
- Meeting Support: Create the monthly meeting materials such as posters, invitations and post-meeting satisfaction surveys.
- Leadership Speech Contest: Plan and organize the annual speech contest in accordance with National Contest rules. This may include reaching out to area schools, selecting a panel of judges, and mentors for students.
Advocate for the development of members through various avenues (e.g. certifications, podcasts, and seminars) offered by both NMA National and other professional organizations.
- Professional Development: Determine the professional development needs of the membership and plan activities that allow members to practice and apply skills that contribute to personal and professional growth.
- Continuing Education: Organize college fairs and encourage the use of professional content including BCBSM corporate learning materials and NMA’s virtual library
- Certified Manager: Understand benefits and encourage pursuit of CM certification as an alternative to traditional learning paths to leadership.
Positively promote NMA to both members and non-members, along with exploring similar opportunities in the community.
- Blueprint: Publish online newsletter to membership. Submit publications to National annually for award consideration.
- Community Involvement: Coordinate chapter involvement in altruistic events in alignment with the corporation’s Community Responsibility area.
- Management Week: Plan and organize volunteers, site coordinators, and activities during NMA’s Management Week in America in June.
- Member Recruitment and Retention: Plan, organize, and conduct programs to recruit new members and promote interest in the chapter. Plan and execute a training program for members to orient them to the chapter’s structure and operations. Plan and execute the mixers.
- BlueNights Mixer: Plan and execute the mixers.
As part of its service efforts, the BCBSM chapter of NMA is involved in Michigan’s Adopt-a-Highway program. The chapter is responsible for maintaining the median of Woodward Avenue between 12 Mile Road and I-696. Volunteers are needed for cleanup outings, which will be held in the spring and fall. NMA members and BCBSM employees are encouraged to join the fun. Family and friends are also welcome to help, at their own risk. If you would like to volunteer for the Adopt-a-Highway outings, please contact Marcos Bonafede.