Carnegie Bosch Institute, the acclaimed research center at Carnegie Mellon University, recently announced their 2017 Open Enrollment Programs. Our NMA members and our affiliated companies and organizations have been extended an invitation to participate in this world class professional development opportunity. The Institute’s mission is to improve international management and its impact on leadership by enhancing the knowledge and performance of managers and executives in global operations, as well as supporting academic research in the field. Carnegie Bosch sets itself apart from other education providers “by positioning itself at the intersection of academia and industry”.
Arrive as a Manager. Leave as a Leader.
Today’s global business world is marked by ever-increasing complexity, connectivity, and interdependence. To address these challenges, the Carnegie Bosch Institute unites the world-renowned strengths of the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University and the Bosch Group, a leading global technology and services company.
As a unique alliance between academia and business, Carnegie Bosch Institute offers cutting-edge executive education programs for mid- to senior-level executives. Leaders from around the globe come together to enhance their leadership skills, knowledge, and effectiveness in the changing global business environment.
These highly interactive seminars are taught by leading international faculty, providing the leadership skills that are critical for navigating today’s increased global opportunity and increased global competition.
“I came with a lot of question marks, but will leave with lots of exclamation marks.”
– Executive Vice President, Robert Bosch Ltd, Korea
Impactful Results. The Carnegie Mellon Advantage.
• World-renowned university – Throughout its history, top-ranked Carnegie Mellon University has been a birthplace of innovation. Today, CMU is known for bringing groundbreaking ideas to market and creating successful startup businesses.
• Top faculty and industry experts – Gain cutting-edge insights from industry experts and consultants from around the world, as well as academics from Carnegie Mellon and other top universities. Network with industry leaders and make new business connections.
• Human element – Understanding how people react to change, perceive the world around them, and work most effectively are keys to success in today’s business environment. Our programs focus on the human element of leadership.
• Engaging classroom experience – Their faculty’s dynamic, interactive teaching style is supported by hands-on projects, team exercises, computer-based simulations and other experiential learning to deliver actionable insights when you return to the office. A small class size contributes to the intimate and effective learning atmosphere.
2017 Program Highlights
* The enrollment fee covers tuition, course materials, and most meals. Companies sending three or more participants, organizations with fewer than 500 employees, non-profits, and the government sector receive a 10% discount.
SPECIAL NMA RATES: NMA members will receive a 10% discount. Special pricing for groups or team that choose to attend as an e.g. cohort – groups that may wish to attend as part of a team building exercise or working on a particular project – they would also participate within the larger group. You are highly encouraged to pass this information along to your senior leaders and executive management team.
About the Carnegie Bosch Institute
“The Carnegie Bosch Institute is a unique alliance between the renowned Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA) and the Bosch Group, a leading global supplier of technology and services in the business sectors of mobility solutions, industrial technology, consumer goods, and energy and building technology, headquartered in Stuttgart (Germany). The Institute was established as an entity within the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon in 1990 through a major endowment provided by the Bosch Group. The Carnegie Bosch Institute is positioned at the intersection of academia and industry. The mission of the Institute is to improve international management and leadership by advancing the understanding of both managers and researchers of fundamental issues related to global business. In order to do this, we sponsor five academic chairs, fund research projects focusing on the management of international corporations, and provide innovative executive education programs targeted to the needs of global executives and companies.”
The Carnegie Bosch Institute Approach
“The Carnegie Bosch Institute is respected for its focus on innovative, integrated executive training concepts, an outstanding international faculty, and a high-quality customer experience. We provide our participants with the strategies and tools for highly effective management and leadership in today’s complex and ever-changing global business world. All Carnegie Bosch Institute programs provide high levels of interaction between faculty and participants, integrated case studies and group work sessions, and multiple active learning tools. And because the role of people in business is recognized, there are plentiful opportunities to discuss, share, reflect, and re-evaluate business approaches. In addition, the small group size and diversity of the participants facilitate a unique environment to exchange ideas, grow personally, and foster the development of long-lasting professional networks. The overall result is more effective leaders for today’s complex world.”