What is an NMA Chapter?
- A group of professionals who show a commitment to 1 company, 1 team or 1 community, 1 collection of dedicated residents
- Ongoing professional development workshops, lunch ‘n learns, and after-hours training, often supplementing other ongoing training & development programs
- Chapter meetings with professional speakers, panelists, business & community leaders to broaden perspectives and open new horizons
- Commitment to youth and community service activities, allowing people to serve others while representing the organization or civic leaders
- Leadership development happening at multiple levels – recognizing that growing leaders is a necessary and ongoing investment
- Senior level exposure to chapter leaders where they can see “where people are today” and assess their potential for growth
- A rewarding collective experience where mentoring relationships begin to form naturally as people work together in support of the organizational or community mission and vision
- Understand others – acquiring intuition and empathy … and building trust
- Induce desirable responses in others – via political acumen and social skills
- Develop awareness – of themselves and others
- Manage their reactions and resources – via self-regulation and new perspectives
- Express self-confidence through initiative, commitment, and perseverance
For employers, the NMA Chapter is a breeding ground for leadership development — women and men who take it upon themselves to OWN their personal growth strategies, counsel and mentor others, and create their own learning environment. Peer-to-peer, colleague-to-colleague, NMA members strengthen themselves; they learn and problem-solve together. They are your most engaged employees. Engagement fosters commitment and releases creativity. That translates into increased profits and growing your business … and your employees … together.